It is officially June, which means summer is on its way! Can’t believe we’re already halfway through 2016. I’ve decided to to share some of my favorites in May including fashion + sustainability articles, WCW, style trends, music and words.
Favorite Conscious Consumer Articles
Sharing some good reads from the month of May about ethical & sustainable fashion.
- The Hellish Commute of the Women Who Make Your Clothes – Brutal reality of the dangerous commute women take in order to make your clothes
- Sustainability Is Out, Responsible Innovation Is In – Summary of the 4th Copenhagen Fashion Summit
- Big Words, Little Actions – Susie Bubble’s personal opinions about the 4th Copenhagen Fashion Summit
- Fashion Brands, Long Focused on Excess, Are Finally Waking Up to Sustainability – Growing trend of startup fashion brands that are turning to sustainability with profit
- Nike Now Uses Recycled Materials In Most Of Its Gears – Nike shares their goals & plans to create a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly brand
- The Greening of Adidas – The history behind the change in Adidas as they continue to strive for energy efficiency and sustainability
This month’s #girlcrush is Leandra Medine, Founder of ManRepeller. She is hilariously witty, fun, intelligent and stylish. I have been a huge fan of hers for a while but this year I discovered her amazing podcasts! ManRepeller hosts 2 different podcasts: Oh Boy! and Monocycle with Leandra Medine. In Oh Boy! Jay Buim (and occasionally Leandra) chats with women in the industries of art, tech, fashion and business. My favorite Oh Boy! episodes are with Alicia Yoon, Founder of Peach & Lily, (another serious girl crush) and Emily Weiss, Founder of Into the Gloss & Glossier. Monocycle with Leandra Medine podcasts are more casual and laid-back. Leandra chats about anything and everything that’s been on her mind that week. The Excess talk really made me reflect on my excessiveness and The Process of Monocycle was super fun and interesting.
Favorite Style Trends
These are a few of my favorite styles at the moment! You can never go wrong with a white tee and high waisted jeans. I love the belt added into the look. Ribbons with button ups are currently trending. I’ve also been into simple & minimalistic jewelry. I like how the rings and bracelets are layered together. And lastly, I’ve been seeing lace tops and dresses/sweaters combo thing going on. It looks so pretty and elegant.
- OOH AHH (우아해) by Crush (크러쉬)
- I Just Wanna Dance by Tiffany (티파니)
- Like a Dream (꿈처럼) by Ben (벤) from the Oh Hae Young Again Soundtrack (또! 오해영 OST)
- Time Machine (시간낭비) by Crucial Star (크루셜스타) & Izi of GgotJam Project (꽃잠프로젝트의 이지)
- Passing By (스쳐간다) by Lee Hi (이하이)
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
A reminder that whenever I am discouraged Jesus embraces us with mercy, grace and understanding. We can have the confidence to draw near to him because of his love.
Simple list on how to work better. I’ve printed this one and put it at my work desk.
Next week I’ll be talking about one of my favorite fashion brands: H&M. I’ll be doing an in-depth analysis on my H&M clothes, the brand and their efforts towards sustainability so stay tuned!