Summer is finally here! (I’ve finished all my classes, projects, and finals!) It’s time to hit the gym (hehe), swim, read books, scrapbook, hangout with friends in town, shop, play music, clean my room, fun adventures, and sleeping in. I live in scorching Texas (summers can go well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit) so I’ve compiled a list of my summer fashion essentials and wants along with some beauty bits. 🙂
1) High Waisted Shorts – Ever since I discovered high waisted shorts I can’t live without them anymore! I love that they accentuate your waist and goes well with most any top. If you’re feeling lazy just throw on a pair of these and a T and you look effortlessly stylish.
2) Black and White Sandals – Must-haves this summer. I’m loving the chunky sandal look.
DocMartens: Clarissa Black Sandals
TopShop – Heights Double Strap Sandals and Haven Footbed Sandals
3) Bright Lip Color (Pink and Orange)
Pinks: Mac Chatterbox, Candy Yum Yum (I own and love!) and Sunny Seoul. Oranges: Nars Mandarin Orange lip pencil, Mac Tangerine Dream and Morange and Benefit’s Cha Cha tint.
4) Muscle Tees – These are sleeveless and breezy: perfect for hot summers. You can get boyish fits, basics style, or girly prints whatever suits your style.
5) Floral Dresses – I am a sucker when it comes to anything floral and what better way to scream summer with floral dresses?! This season seems to be all about the small daisy prints and hawaiian/tropical floral print.
6) Outerwear – Cardigans, Denim jackets. I get cold easily so I always carry around an outerwear. Texas is really hot but it is always blasting AC inside so an outerwear is a must. Denim jackets and cardigans are also fun to layer and mix n’ match. Points for both practicality and style.